Promonique
Promonique
Home » Energy Storage » Tata Power Renewables & Viraj LLP to set up a 100 MW solar power plant

Tata Power Renewables & Viraj LLP to set up a 100 MW solar power plant

September 13, 2022 6:13 pm

Tata Power Renewables & Viraj LLP to set up a 100 MW solar power plant
.

Tata Power Renewable Energy Limited (TPREL), one of India’s largest integrated renewable energy companies and a subsidiary of Tata Power, has collaborated with the leading Indian stainless steel manufacturer, Viraj Profile Private Limited, to set up a 100 MW captive solar plant. The plant will be developed by Tata Power at Nandgaon at its Nasik site and it will power Viraj Profile Pvt. Limited’s Tarapur Plant.
With this, the later company will become one of the first stainless steel long products manufacturing companies in India to use solar energy to run its manufacturing plant. With the commissioning of this plant, the company’s dependability on non-renewable power resources will be reduced by approximately 50 per cent. The project will get commissioned by July 2023.
TPREL has created a special purpose vehicle (SPV) at TP Nanded Limited, which will undertake the construction, operation and maintenance of this captive solar power plant.
The plant is expected to generate about 200 MUs of energy and offset approximately 170.43 million Kg of CO2 annually. As per captive generation rules, Tata Power will own 74 per cent of the generation while Viraj Profile Pvt. Ltd will own the remaining 26 per cent.
“We are pleased to announce the establishment of our new SPV to construct a 100 MW solar power facility for Viraj Profile Private Limited. We believe that this will also inspire other energy-intensive sectors to join the movement for sustainable energy and shift their operations and services to clean energy sources. This project is another step in TPREL’s ongoing efforts to build green and renewable energy solutions throughout India.” said Ashish Khanna, Chief Executive Officer, Tata Power Renewable Energy Limited.
J P Garg, President, Viraj Profiles Pvt.  Limited, said, “We are glad to partner with Tata Power. Our alliance will work as a catalyst in achieving our sustainability goals toward carbon neutrality. Viraj is one of the first stainless steel long products manufacturing companies in India, which will use Solar Energy to run its manufacturing plants and operations. This Solar Power project will supply 50% of our monthly electricity requirement.”
Going further, Garg added, “The company’s aims to fulfil its energy requirement completely through green energy in the next three years. In the first phase, Viraj will get around 100 MW of electricity, and the capacity shall increase over the next couple of years.”

Cookie Consent

We use cookies to personalize your experience. By continuing to visit this website you agree to our Terms & Conditions, Privacy Policy and Cookie Policy.

Power Talk
Webinar
Webinar
Android App
Android App
EPR eMagazine April 2024
EPR eMagazine April 2024
EPR eMagazine April 2024

Events

Middle East Energy Dubai
Middle East Energy Dubai
RenewX India
RenewX India
International Geotechnical Innovation Conference
International Geotechnical Innovation Conference
POWERGEN India
POWERGEN India
EL Asia
EL Asia
Global Energy Digitalisation Conclave
Global Energy Digitalisation Conclave
World battery and energy storage industry expo
World battery and energy storage industry expo
Green Hydrogen Summit
Green Hydrogen Summit
Windergy
Windergy

Our Sponsors

Rayzon Solar Pvt Ltd
Rayzon Solar Pvt Ltd
Doble Engineering
Doble Engineering
Allied Power Solutions
Allied Power Solutions
Nirmal
Nirmal
KEI Industries Limited
KEI Industries Limited
Maco Corporation India Pvt Ltd
Maco Corporation India Pvt Ltd
Meco Instruments Pvt Ltd
Meco Instruments Pvt Ltd
Icon Solar-En Power
Icon Solar-En Power
Novasys
Novasys
Testo India
Testo India
Mecc-Alte India
Mecc-Alte India
Newtech Switchgear
Newtech Switchgear
Triveni Turbine ltd
Triveni Turbine ltd
Aeron Composite Pvt Ltd
Aeron Composite Pvt Ltd
Winsun
Winsun
A-1 ELECTRICALS
A-1 ELECTRICALS
Allied Moulded Enclosure Products
Allied Moulded Enclosure Products
ANUSHREE ELECTRICAL ENGINEERS
ANUSHREE ELECTRICAL ENGINEERS
Ashone Technologies
Ashone Technologies
Citroen Switchgears Pvt. Ltd.
Citroen Switchgears Pvt. Ltd.
Electrotherm
Electrotherm
KVTEK Power Systems
KVTEK Power Systems
MENNEKES Electric India
MENNEKES Electric India
Om Technical Solutions
Om Technical Solutions
PRAMA HIKVISION INDIA
PRAMA HIKVISION INDIA
Motwane Manufacturing
Motwane Manufacturing